There are mid – size companies that benefit from quality HR inputs. Their small, in-house HR teams normally consist of youngsters, catering to basic HR work like payroll, attendance and coordinating recruitment for given positions.
Such companies benefit from their HR function being mentored by an experienced professional, without having to incur the cost of a full-time, senior HR resource. Some of the key benefits include:
- Helping the organization review if the current design of the organization is helping execution of strategy, operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review and institute best in class HR processes and practices- from recruitment to exit.
- Align HR activities with the needs of the business- for today and tomorrow.
- Develop HR team, particularly the business enabling approach in HR.
- Represent HR in the management team and ensure that the business plans are effectively supported by HR.
Depending on the scale of operations and the employee strength, these engagements are in the form of half a day to one day a week of physical presence in office and the rest of the work happens virtually.
Our experience suggests that with ongoing guidance from a senior resource, the young HR team also moves up the value chain fairly quickly. The result is a win – win for the organization and for the service provider.
Needless to add, while trustworthiness is a fundamental requirement, proper confidentiality agreements are put in place for this arrangement and engagement with any competing organization is an absolute no.
We have seen this arrangement grow and hope to partner with more and more mid – size corporates.